The Asian diet, which is a natural diet based on plant foods, is known to be one of the healthiest diets in the world. However, not much is known about the detoxifying or cleansing properties of this amazing Eastern World Diet Plan. There are many detox supplements on the market, but nothing can beat the cleansing and detoxification effects of healthy natural foods.
This traditional detox plan from Asian World includes hundreds of herbs, fruits, and vegetables. However, what we will discuss here are common or readily available natural detox foods:
1. Green leafy vegetables and other green foods. Foods like spinach, barley, spirulina, blue-green algae, chard, wheat, watercress, and alfalfa will cleanse the digestive system by giving it a boost of chlorophyll.
In addition to helping detoxify the liver, chlorophyll removes harmful toxins from the environment such as heavy metals, smog, cleaning products, herbicides, and pesticides.
2. Fruits. They are among the best detoxifying agents in nature. Thanks to its high content of fiber, vitamins, nutrients, antioxidants and high water content, it is very beneficial in detoxification.
3. Garlic. Long known as the miracle herbal medicine, garlic works on the liver to induce it to produce detoxifying enzymes that prevent harmful deposits in the digestive system. Garlic is easy to prepare. Just add minced or cooked garlic to your food and you’re done.
4. Broccoli sprouts. Broccoli has been found to have cancer-preventing and detoxifying properties. Its sprouts are rich in antioxidants that help to very effectively stimulate the detoxifying enzymes of the digestive system. Sprouts of 3-4 days are more nutritious and stronger than a mature vegetable.
5. Citrus fruits. Oranges, mandarins, lemons and lemons help the body to get rid of toxins, in addition to stimulating the digestive system by enhancing enzymatic processes. Citrus fruits also help the liver perform cleansing functions. To use citrus fruits as a detoxifying agent, start your day with a warm cup of lemon water. Keep in mind that citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C, which is one of the most powerful detoxifying agents. Vitamin C removes toxins from the body by turning them into digestible substances.
6. Seeds and nuts. These are important sources of natural protein and fat that can greatly enhance your detox diet. They include almonds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, walnuts, sesame seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, and Siberian rice nuts. However, nut butter should be avoided.
7. Green tea. This amazing drink is packed with antioxidants that slow down the aging process, stop the growth of cancer cells, and remove toxins from the body. Catechins, a special type of antioxidant, have been found in green tea to stimulate liver function.
8. Raw vegetables. They are excellent to drink raw or for juice. So start stocking up on beets, carrots, asparagus, kale, broccoli, artichokes, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, garlic, turmeric, onions, and oregano. Since they are high in sulfur and glutathione, these foods help the liver to eliminate harmful chemicals.
9. Mung beans. For thousands of years, mung beans have been used in traditional Asian medicine to detoxify the digestive system. This food cleanses the intestinal walls by absorbing the toxins to which it adheres.
10. Omega 3 oils. These oils soften the intestinal walls, absorb toxic waste, and eventually expel it from the body. You can use olive, avocado, hemp, or flaxseed oil.
In addition to consuming these foods, it is also beneficial to drink plenty of water and exercise regularly. Natural detoxification doesn’t have to be a one-time process. It must be incorporated into your lifestyle and apply its principles on a daily basis.